Question

Sono Beam Air Play No Longer Working

• 1 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Sonos Beam Airplay stopped working. 

I tried resetting the router, restarting the Mac, resetting the Beam. Nothing is working. I tried all three things multiple times. The only thing that changed today was the Sonos app update, I figured after a full product reset of the beam things should work right?!?

This seam to be a recurring problem. I’ve seen posts that go back two years… after a days worth of work this is not the way I want to spend my time… spending hours trouble shooting your product is not my job, specially considering your ticket price.

A simple audio jack to connect to the computer output signal would so easily solve all sort of headaches. I had the product for a couple of weeks and considering that it also took hours to get things to work when I first set-up the system, I’m sincerely thinking of returning it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JackJackJack.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We appreciate your feedback and sorry to hear about the experience, let me see what I can do to help.

Have you tried using other iOS devices to see if the same issue occurs?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Let me know how it goes.