Sonic Beam - Setup

• 3 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Good evening, today I received my first Sonos product. I opted for the BEAM to replace my broken Samsung Sound bar.

I’m having an issue setting up the device. My goal is to connect it to my Samsung UE55KS9000T TV. My old Samsung Sound bar connected through Bluetooth, I presume I can do the same with the BEAM.

I unboxed the BEAM and was surprise that it didn’t come with a remote control 🙂. I connected it to the mains with an ethernet cable to my BT Smart Hub 2 router. I then installed the Sonos 2 App on my iPhone and created a Sonos Account. It found my BEAM (with the correct serial number). It then ask me to press the button on the BEAM, then the set-up process began. After 30secs is fails with a message ‘The connection to your Beam was lost. Make sure Beam is powered on” The BEAM is powered and this message happens everytime. I’ve even installed the App on my iPAD just in case my iPhone was dropping wifi signal, I get the same message.

I’ve also connected the HDMI cable from the BEAM to the HDMI ARC connection on my TV, still no sound.

I’ve spent the last hour googling a solution, but can’t find anything helpfull.

Any help/assistance will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Just whilst you set it up, try connecting the Beam to your router using an Ethernet cable. 

Hi Nik9669a, thanks for the prompt reply. I get the issue with the BEAM conected to the router through an Ethernet Cable.

I’ve also disabled the Smart Setup on my router.

Thanks

ian

Everything is now working. In the end I configured it through wifi and not ethernet.