Question

Setup issue Play:1

• 11 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Im setting up my play1 in a new apartment. Im getting through most of the standard setup, but when I hav typed in my wifi password in the Sonosapp to make is connect the problem occurs. It thinks for a good while and then the screen says "Network Connection Problem". I can't seem to find a solution after scrolling through the community so I thought id ask for myself.

5 replies

Have you connected your PLAY:1 to your router with an ethernet cable?
Yes ive tried it that way too
What device is your controller on? Do you have more than one speaker? Is this the first time you've set it up (i.e. which process are you going through, initial setup, or "add a speaker"? Was this speaker working in the previous apartment?
My controller is on my Iphone XR. I only have this one speaker. Ive set it up on the same network before, but I took it with me on holiday and connected it to a different network. Returning home now, I can't get it to work. I choose "add a speaker". It was working just fine in previous environments
I’m confused as to how you can get to “add a speaker” in the controller, when you only have one speaker, and it isn’t connected to your Sonos system.

But at this point, I think your best bet is to do a factory reset, and treat the whole thing as a new installation. You’ll lose any playlists, and other data stored on your system, but you may have already done so when you connected the device to the other system.

Your other option would be to contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.