Question

Setting Up To A New Wireless Network

Setting Up To A new Wireless Network will not work after several attempts following troubleshooting uide

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hello there, bigtonecentral. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. What steps have you performed so far? Do you get an error message? What error message is displayed? When in the process do you get this error message? The more detailed you make this description the better I can help advise. Thanks again in advance for clarifying.
Can’t setup my Sonos with my wireless network
Userlevel 5
Badge +18
Hi, PaddyMac15. Please provide the information as outlined by Keith above.
Hi, We've just moved and can't connect my Sonos system to the new wireless system. We have a playbar, a Zone Bridge BR100, two play:3, and a play:5. We don't get any green flashing lights, have tried to set up with and without the bridge, have gotten red, flashing red, white, and flashing white lights. I also don't have Advanced Settings in my controller although I had done the latest update prior to my move. We have Spectrum cable with a Arris Touchstone SB6183 modem and Cisco unit that appears to send out connectivity to four TVs in the condo, which are connected to little black boxes with no ethernet ports (we are staying at in-laws for the time). My diagnostics message: 1394156402. When I try to connect, I get a message saying that it has been hooked up before and to continue. When I continue, I get a red blinking light that then returns to continuous white. Thank in advance! I'm totally lost.
lostinatlanticbeach wrote:

Hi, We've just moved and can't connect my Sonos system to the new wireless system. We have a playbar, a Zone Bridge BR100, two play:3, and a play:5. We don't get any green flashing lights, have tried to set up with and without the bridge, have gotten red, flashing red, white, and flashing white lights. I also don't have Advanced Settings in my controller although I had done the latest update prior to my move. We have Spectrum cable with a Arris Touchstone SB6183 modem and Cisco unit that appears to send out connectivity to four TVs in the condo, which are connected to little black boxes with no ethernet ports (we are staying at in-laws for the time). My diagnostics message: 1394156402. When I try to connect, I get a message saying that it has been hooked up before and to continue. When I continue, I get a red blinking light that then returns to continuous white. Thank in advance! I'm totally lost.

At your previous premises, did you have your Sonos Bridge plugged into your old router? If so, plug the Bridge into your new router and power it up. Meanwhile setup your Sonos Controller device to your new router network... that can either be via cable, if using a PC, or over WiFi, if using a mobile device. No need to open the Sonos App at this stage.

Next position your next nearest sonos speaker and power that up... wait a few minutes till it settles. Now check your Sonos App and check your Speaker is showing up... you can rename the rooms later... don’t do that just yet.

You may want to also check at this point that your SonosNet channel in the Advanced Settings in the Sonos App, is completely different to your new routers 2.4ghz WiFi channel.

Continue powering up your speakers, doing one room at a time, it’s best to choose the next nearest room. Make sure they appear in your Sonos App before moving onto the next room.

Note if for any reason a speaker repeatedly fails to connect to your Sonos App, after powering it up, you may find that it needs an update and sometimes it’s best to bring that speaker close-by to your router and also cable that speaker to the router temporarily, just to get the update.

Keep going till all your speakers are back up and running. Then go onto rename your speaker rooms, but only if that is now necessary.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings