Question

Setting up Sonos with Philips TV and getting message every time volume is adjusted

• 1 October 2016
  • 1 reply

After turning off my tv speaker during the Sonos setup, I get this stupid message basically telling me that the TV speaker is deactivated. "The TV speakers have been turned off..." etc. Takes up about half the screen too. How can I turn this off?

TV model: 55PFL5706/F7

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Some TVs even when speakers are turned off when they sense IR from the remote they still say that.

What you can do is program your remote for a different TV (any TV not Philips) and then relearn the new volume IR. You will lose other TV functions on your remote but you won't get that message. Other option is take an old remote laying around house and program it to Sonos and just use it for volume.

Best case is if you have a programmable remote that you can set the volume as a different TV than the other functions.

Main thing is that if your TV sees the same IR as its remote it will give you that message.