Answered

setting up smp and arc soundbar

• 14 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi did a search but couldn't find this topic. Very basic question but my app can't connect to either the amp or arc soundbar for setup. The green light is flashing on both. Tried while connected to my regular wifi and also wifi 2.4 GHz. The wifi signal is fine at the location. Eg my TV streams things fine here. Any suggestions or mistakes I'm making?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by vav925 14 September 2022, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi. How do your ‘regular WiFi’ and 2.4GHz WiFi relate to each other?  In fact, please describe your network (router? mesh? extenders?).

Do you have an existing system or is this a system set up?

Hi John - It’s from my dual band AT&T wifi router (BGW210), to which I have named separately the 2.4GHz channel which I believe should separate out the bands.  No mesh or extenders.  This is a brand new setup in the house.  Thanks for any help!

Do you have a vpn running on your phone?  If so please temporarily disable it.

Is your phone connected to 2.4GHz band?  If not, temporarily ‘forget’ the 5GHz band to force phone to connect to 2.4GHz

Is your 2.4GHz band set to be compatible with 801.11 b/g/n?  If not, please set it to be so.

If none of that helps, can you connect one device by Ethernet to your router and see if phone will find that device.

Please then post back.

Thanks John.

I figured it out - silly mistake.  I had connected my Arc to my Amp via an ethernet cable and so the Amp was not trying to connect to my phone via Wifi but rather wired.  Once I realized that the Arc communicates to the Amp via Wifi and I don’t need the wired connection and unplugged the cord, everything connected (on dual band).

Thanks again for chiming in!  Much appreciated.