Answered

Setting-up new WiFi network

• 8 February 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a ONE speaker. I have a new router with a new WiFi network. Sonos app (android) cannot recognize my new WiFi network and new router. My new router doesn't have Ethernet output. what can I do?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 February 2019, 18:08

itaygonda,

If you do not have your old router available and there is no means of cabling the speaker to your new router. You could (temporarily) use a friends/colleagues router/network, if you have access to one instead, just to change your WiFi credentials in 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' in the Sonos App.

However, if you do not have access to a router where you can cable the speaker, then will have to start over with a factory reset of the speaker but you will lose everything that way, including favourites, playlists, settings etc.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

itaygonda,

If you do not have your old router available and there is no means of cabling the speaker to your new router. You could (temporarily) use a friends/colleagues router/network, if you have access to one instead, just to change your WiFi credentials in 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' in the Sonos App.

However, if you do not have access to a router where you can cable the speaker, then will have to start over with a factory reset of the speaker but you will lose everything that way, including favourites, playlists, settings etc.