Answered

Setting up my Beam

• 26 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I have just bought a Beam and all ok setting it up until I connected to my Samsung TV and now it says (product not found) go to settings for Sonos.com/speakernot found >find missing system, sorry but I can’t find this settings, do I need to down load another app to control and if so what would you recommend Many thanks  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 March 2020, 11:14

Ah I misread your post, I see you want to use your headphones, my mistake.. but you can still achieve this with a Bluetooth ‘transmitter‘ instead, that has an optical input. Connect it to your TV optical port and it will output the audio to your Headphones. Here is an example of one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J58KY3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View original

5 replies

Thank you for your prompt reply I will try that my wife will be very happy as she thinks I am deaf (not of course) Regards

Ah I misread your post, I see you want to use your headphones, my mistake.. but you can still achieve this with a Bluetooth ‘transmitter‘ instead, that has an optical input. Connect it to your TV optical port and it will output the audio to your Headphones. Here is an example of one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J58KY3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Beam does not have a Bluetooth receiver, but you could ‘perhaps’ connect a Bluetooth receiver to a TV line-in audio port, if your TV supports that ?...and then play Bluetooth audio to that Receiver, through the TV and out to your Sonos Beam.

Hi    Thank you for getting in touch but I have solved the problem and are very pleased with my Beam just one thing is it possible to connect my Sony Bluetooth headphones to the Beam perhaps with a Bluetooth adaptor Thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Alicebee 

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

Were you able to go through the Sonos app on your phone or tablet to set up your Beam? What is the status of the led light on your speaker? I would like for you to send us a diagnostic and reply back with the confirmation number so we can see what the issue is.