Answered

Setting System With Playbase, 2x Five, Sub and 2x One

• 2 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I have a current system set up with 2x One, sub and a playbase, I have just purchased a pair of Five G2’s and want to set them up as front speakers in the surround sound setup, is this possible? I tried adding them to the current tv setup I have but it set them up as a stereo pair. Now when I play them with the TV I get the vocal coming out too and it doesn’t sound good, sounds a bit echoey. Is there a better way I can set them up to get the best surround sound experience?

many thanks

N

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 3 December 2020, 00:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It’s not possible. The Playbase unit provides all 3 front speakers and there is no (current) way to change that. To do what you want (with Ones or Fives) has often been requested. 

It’s not possible. The Playbase unit provides all 3 front speakers and there is no (current) way to change that. To do what you want (with Ones or Fives) has often been requested. 

Yes, unfortunately after I posted I found others seeking the same, c’est la vie. They were bought for stereo, just thought the added depth might be nice on the surround system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Set them up as room2 and enjoy them as your stereo speakers, or use them in another room. I have a Playbase and Ones as rears, but enjoy the setup for music as well as music. Set surrounds to Full and (once you get used to the sound from behind you) it’s not too bad a setup.