Answered

Separating speakers

• 24 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Hey folks. I am a rookie. I have a playbar, a sub and two play 3's.

They are all set up under the "living room" setting. I have been taking one play 3 on the deck and been trying to only play this speaker, but cannot. I have tried setting it up under its own room so that I can isolate it but the only room choice I am given in the set up process is the same - "living room." How can i isolate speaker to customize my home system? I have a buddy that has a play 5, sub and playbar and he can do it. I am ferklempt.
icon

Best answer by ratty 24 June 2017, 08:27

Your buddy has a single PLAY:5, as a separate Sonos 'room'. It can be taken anywhere and used independently of the PLAYBAR.

By the sound of things you have two PLAY:3s bonded to your PLAYBAR as surrounds. These have been subsumed into the 'Living Room' room so no longer have an identity of their own. You can remove them as surrounds to take one outside, and then re-bond them to the PLAYBAR later. It is however a bit of a tiresome process to do regularly, and any Trueplay tuning would need to be done again each time.

If taking a speaker outside regularly is important, you could decide to forego having the PLAY:3s as surrounds completely and instead keep them as two separate Sonos 'rooms'. Alternatively invest in a PLAY:1 and use that outside when the fancy takes you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Your buddy has a single PLAY:5, as a separate Sonos 'room'. It can be taken anywhere and used independently of the PLAYBAR.

By the sound of things you have two PLAY:3s bonded to your PLAYBAR as surrounds. These have been subsumed into the 'Living Room' room so no longer have an identity of their own. You can remove them as surrounds to take one outside, and then re-bond them to the PLAYBAR later. It is however a bit of a tiresome process to do regularly, and any Trueplay tuning would need to be done again each time.

If taking a speaker outside regularly is important, you could decide to forego having the PLAY:3s as surrounds completely and instead keep them as two separate Sonos 'rooms'. Alternatively invest in a PLAY:1 and use that outside when the fancy takes you.