Answered

Scotty

Hi is it possible to add an Additianal sound bar and subwoofer into my kitchen and leave my living room set up as it is ??

Will it work as differant TV set up ??

Thankyou
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 April 2019, 22:07

Sure. I've got two in my home, one in the living room, one in the bedroom. Both are 5.1 setups, and on the same Sonos "home".
View original

6 replies

Sure. I've got two in my home, one in the living room, one in the bedroom. Both are 5.1 setups, and on the same Sonos "home".
Thank you its aporicated happy days,

I assume i still only need 1 x sub to be hard wired with ethernet cable??

Thanks
You'll need one sub for each soundbar (PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam) that you have. They can't be shared between two devices (easily...basically, to do so, you have to reset it up every time you switch).

Neither of my SUBs are connected with an ethernet cable, now that they're set up. I seem to recall I needed to in order to set them up the first time, but once they're "bonded" with the soundbar, they can be "wireless", only needing a power cord plugged in.
Hi,

So your saying i can not have 2 subs 2 sound bars connected to same network and have one set up as living room and one set up kitchen ?

Would i be able to watch tv and listen to sonos in living room and my wife listen to he music in the kitch at the same time ?

Prevoius feed suggests this is not an issue ?

Thanks for comment
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

So your saying i can not have 2 subs 2 sound bars connected to same network and have one set up as living room and one set up kitchen ?

Would i be able to watch tv and listen to sonos in living room and my wife listen to he music in the kitch at the same time ?

No, what Bruce is staying is that you can't share a sub between two PlayBars. So to confirm the answer to your question above: Yes, two 5:1 set-up's in different rooms are fully supported.

The ability to listen to different music in multiple rooms at the same time is decided by the streaming service and if Voice was used to initiate it. e.g. Spotify will support different audio streams across rooms, UNLESS initiated via voice command from Alexa.
Great stuff thank you for the clarity on this subject best get saving !!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings