s2 upgrade is horrible, system now down

• 30 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have never been so frustrated with an upgrade, my system is now down, there is no way to go back to S1….

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As I pointed out in the other thread you posted in, without any details about your system, and the issues you’re experiencing, there just isn’t much rather community to do to assist you. Or Sonos, for that matter.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have never been so frustrated with an upgrade, my system is now down, there is no way to go back to S1….

S2 is a disaster.  Unstable.  No value. 

Odd. I have had zero issues with S2 on my 18 or so speakers since it was released. No stability issues whatsoever. Works exactly as I expect, flawlessly. 

I wonder what causes the difference between our two experiences?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Odd. I have had zero issues with S2 on my 18 or so speakers since it was released. No stability issues whatsoever. Works exactly as I expect, flawlessly. 

I wonder what causes the difference between our two experiences?

Yes, me too… no problem at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I went over to the dark side and installed S2 about a week after it was available. Since then I’ve had no problems.
If it helps, for those with problems, I’m running on SonosNet (on a different channel to my wifi) and have set reserved ip addresses for my devices. That was also how I ran my setup pre-S1.