Answered

Router obstructs setting up new S2 system for Roam

• 10 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I have an existing Sonos 1 system set up in may name (Containing both S1 and S2 compatible devices) which I share with my wife. We now to wish install a new Roam for her exclusive  use on her iPad.

Before  trying to set up the new Roam  on my wife’s ipad I took the precaution of deleting her existing Sonos 1 app.  I then  unplugged our router for some minutes before  using the   Sonos 2 app. to set up a new system exclusively for the Roam. Unfortunately our router (BT hub 8) persists in inviting me  to use the S1 App. to connect to the existing  mixed S1 system (with which, of course, Roam  is not compatible).  No option is offered for creating  a new S2 system. How do I break free from this stranglehold please?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 December 2021, 02:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Turn off all the Sonos devices on the mixed S1/S2 system.  Then start the S2 app and choose to setup a new system.