Question

Restore functionality to legacy Connect:Amp modules

• 5 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I own 5 legacy Connect:Amp modules.

Prior to the "forced install" of the S1 controller software I was able to play different programs on each simultaneously.  Since the new S1 software was installed this is no longer possible.  

How can I restore that flexibility without throwing out these perfectly working units? Can install an older version of the controller software on my windows laptop and android phone?

3 replies

Technically, the restriction is that Sirius XM only allows one stream at a time per subscription.  You could not play the same station on two different devices at the same time.  (Sonos groups gets around this requirement as it’s still a single stream instead of multiple streams). 

You have to pay for multiple subscriptions to get multiple streams.  Other services provide a family option for this, but it doesn’t look like SXM does.  There are probably complications since they have the Satellite service bundled in, though you’d think they would have a plan that offers 1 or 2 Sat radios and 2 or more streams.  Perhaps they figure people will share an account for multiple cars, but that would apply to any streaming service really.

There’s been no change in the S1 or S2 software that would preclude you from playing separate music streams on any of the CONNECT:AMPs.

Many thanks for your quick response. You are correct.  The block is by SiriusXM which appears not to allow more than 1 of its stations to be played at the same time by the same account holder.

Wish there was a workaround for this, but would guess not.

James