Resetting wifi password

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I recently changed my wifi password. WHAT A MISTAKE. Something that must be done by thousands of people regularly shouldn't be a complicated issue for Sonos products should it? Every other system and device I own was able to accommodate the change easily. However, sonos products wasted 4+ hours of my life that I will never get back. Self troubleshooting, reading online forums, sonos' own app provided no help. It took one hour just speaking with a customer service agent and physically moving my sonos equipment across the house to hardwire it via the ethernet first, then reconfigure the wifi. Absolute joke.

It seems the only option available is to move your equipment from wherever it is located and plug your devices in individually via ethernet and try to navigate through the app. Good luck.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s just not that hard.

If you fail to change the SSID and password first, in your Sonos controller, your Sonos devices have no idea what to connect to. So, if that’s the case, you attach a single Sonos device to your router with an ethernet cable, which switches all of them (save the Move and Roam) on to SonosNet, at which point you can just change the network information in the controller, then disconnect your single ethernet cable. 

The steps to change the WiFi password for Sonos devices are mentioned here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061