Question

Removing a Sonos product from account

• 7 December 2017
  • 11 replies

How do you remove one of the Sonos devices from the products on your account?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I assume you are giving it away? Just factory reset it and it will "forget" which household it belongs to.
Thanks for responding back so soon! What do I have to do in order to factory reset it?
Factory Reset
I tried this and I was able follow through to the green light. My sonos one is still showing up under the products section of this website.
I tried this and I was able follow through to the green light. My sonos one is still showing up under the products section of this website.

It will appear until it is re-registered by the new owner.
but I am returning that particular sonos unit back to the store.
As long as you reset it, it will eventually disappear.
Badge
I left several speakers behind at my ex's home. How do I get those off my account without having access to reset them?
Badge
Nice. I could have come up with so many other ways to ask that question and gotten the same answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You would have to call Sonos if you don't have access to the speakers and don't want them on your Sonos account. I mean I don't know what harm it could be your ex having the speakers on your Sonos account.... but understand if you want them disabled.
Hi. I have exactly the same issue. Did you ever manage this? Sonos tell me it can’t be done.