Remote volume not working

• 13 October 2018
  • 1 reply

When I installed the app and came up to the part where I had to connect my volume button to the Sonos, it didn’t work so I skipped it. Now I can’t tune my volume up or down. The error “Sonos (Optical)” comes up. How do I fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Danjchan. From the sound of it, seems that the TV recognizes Sonos as the audio output. Which is likely why the "Sonos (Optical)" comes up when trying to turn the volume up using the remote. Head into your mobile Sonos controller and go into More -> Settings -> Room Settings -> Select the Room where your TV is. At the bottom, you should see an option for "Remote" which will allow you to reconfigure the remote control.

The TV is recognizing your volume button presses so I'd imagine that Sonos should be able to see the remote commands as well. This is assuming your TV uses an IR remote and not one of the newer RF remote controllers.