Answered

Quick question...............

• 13 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I currently just have a Sonos One which is in my home office but am going to buy a couple more so that I can have a stereo pair in the office and a single speaker in the bedroom.

Assuming I do will I have to specify to Alexa where to play each time i.e. Office or Bedroom or can it be set by default to play to all speakers? I live on my own so I may as well have it playing to all I guess but would be good to have the option not to. I tend to switch between radio stations and playlists a lot but, at the risk of sounding incredibly lazy, the thought of having to say either Office or Bedroom every time is putting me off a bit!!
icon

Best answer by Belly M 13 January 2018, 14:41

The Sonos One that picks up your voice command will be the one that plays without having to specify which room.

In a pair they will both pickup your voice but only one will execute your command, but both will play.

You can group all speakers (not by voice yet) using the app to play everywhere.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Thank you! So I won't have to specify any room name? Whichever speaker I'm closest to will pick up my voice and play to all speakers?

Yes, whichever Sonos One you ask to play will play to the entire group.
The Sonos One that picks up your voice command will be the one that plays without having to specify which room.

In a pair they will both pickup your voice but only one will execute your command, but both will play.

You can group all speakers (not by voice yet) using the app to play everywhere.
Badge
Still thinking about this! Firstly, I it looks like it's still not possible to group all speakers by voice?

So am I correct in thinking that if I tell Alexa to play some music on the paired Sonos Ones in my office (I currently don't have to specify 'office') then that same music wouldn't also play if I get a Sonos One for for the kitchen, say? I would have to actually go to the kitchen and give the voice command to that speaker?

Basically, I want to be able to use a voice command to any Sonos One and have it play on all of them in the house. Possible via the app but not yet via Alexa, or have I misunderstood? Thanks.
You can group via the app, then ask Alexa to play to any speaker in the group and it will play to all.
Badge
You can group via the app, then ask Alexa to play to any speaker in the group and it will play to all.

Thank you! So I won't have to specify any room name? Whichever speaker I'm closest to will pick up my voice and play to all speakers?