Answered

problem with Sonos One wireless connection

• 22 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have a problem with connecting to my wi-fi network after changing a router. I have a Sonos One speaker, it works fine while connected via ethernet cable but i cannot complete the wireless configuration. My home network is visible in the app but i cannot see the temporary SONOS network. My new router is a Connect Box, operates on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 2.4GHz is set to 802.11b/g/n so I suppose everything should be fine? Please help...
icon

Best answer by ratty 22 January 2019, 21:53

There isn't a temporary Sonos network is this situation. It only plays a part in initial setup.

Pick the new network name and complete the password details.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There isn't a temporary Sonos network is this situation. It only plays a part in initial setup.

Pick the new network name and complete the password details.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
You don't need to connect to the temporary SONOS network.
Just connect the One to ethernet, open the Sonos app, and you should be good to go
Thanks for the fast response.
The fact that i named my new network exactly as the previous one got me confused. I just needed to update password in the 'Wireless Setup' while connected with the cable... Thanks
If you'd configured both the SSID and the password to be the same as on the previous router you'd not have needed to do anything. On power-up the system would have reconnected automatically to the new router.