Answered

Possible to use a splitter on O/P from a Port?

• 4 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi there,

Question contained within another thread but seems gone a bit cold.

I’m wandering if the Sonos RCA O/P be split? I.e using a device somewhat like this…..

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/switch-Passive-stereo-selector-Splitter-Black/dp/B08LLM1XGQ/ref=sr_1_8?ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-s1100-win10-other-smile-uk000-pcomp-feature-rscomp-wm-5&dchild=1&keywords=Rca+Splitter+Audiophile&qid=1617129438&sr=8-8

I have a need to use the Port in normal configuration but also take the same signal output to a desktop PC

Is this a reasonable thing to do? Will it impact sound quality? And if it is possible what is the best way to achieve it please …. product, cable wise etc.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by attacama40 4 April 2021, 13:42

That's an input selector box, but it could equally well be used in reverse. It's rather an expensive option though. You should be able to get away with simple Y splitter cables. 

Ahh thanks Ratty. Over specing as normal! :-)

Brilliant. It’s just to get a signal into the PC to talk to a Philips Hue installation. I didn’t fancy buying a second Port just to achieve that.

Many thanks for advising. Is really helpful. You saved me cash on both potential purchased. Appreciated.

View original

2 replies

That's an input selector box, but it could equally well be used in reverse. It's rather an expensive option though. You should be able to get away with simple Y splitter cables. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Ahh thanks Ratty. Over specing as normal! :-)

Brilliant. It’s just to get a signal into the PC to talk to a Philips Hue installation. I didn’t fancy buying a second Port just to achieve that.

Many thanks for advising. Is really helpful. You saved me cash on both potential purchased. Appreciated.