Answered

Playbase doesn't connect

• 19 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I recently tried to access my Sonos system (1 Room - Bridge + Playbase + Sub) and it said one of my players was missing. Tried restarting everything. Router, Bridge, Controllers, etc. Incredibly frustrated, I gave up and did a factory reset. Started with the Bridge. Tried to add the factory-reset Playbase. Clicked the connect button and the chime happened. Nothing happened. I've repeated this a dozen times. Feels like Sonos just used to work. I guess things have changed. I'm not a newbie to Sonos, so no need to walk me through the basics of router issues (that's why I have a Bridge) or what a factory reset means. Would love someone to respond who's been through the same mess.
icon

Best answer by glewtion 21 November 2017, 02:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

glewtion: Hi there. In the case where a room goes missing, the best thing to do is to get a status check on each player's LED. Once we have determined what player is missing and know the color of the LED, the next step would be to then plug the missing unit into the BRIDGE. This will secure a strong connection to the network. If the speaker comes back, we will then want to submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. This will help us to see what went wrong.

If the speaker does not come back, then we will likely want to get a pair of eyes from a technician on the network. This can be done by giving our technicians a call. They will be able to set up a remote session where they can take a closer look at what is happening. Our contact information can be found here.
Keith thanks for your response. I actually found another thread detailing a similar issue, and the person sent a diagnostics report to Sonos - so I did the same. Sonos is replacing my unit based on that report. Thanks for your help!