Answered

PLAYBAR will not connect to DrayTek router

• 26 November 2020
  • 6 replies

so i swapped out my bt homehub 5a with OpenWRT for a draytek 2762ac, i enabled 5G and 2.4G, on the 2.4G channels i kept the SSID the same name, i kept the password the same.

i messed about for ages trying to move it to the new wifi, i reset it, reset the app, many times, each time it connects and tells me that its all setup but then never shows in the app

i see it has a DHCP IP address, my phone is on the same network during the setup etc.

any ideas ? i spoke with support chat they told me to remove band steerring etc, enable upnp (nope) and a few other things that the router seemed to have set already but the weird thing is that it seems connected as i see it in the arp table and dhcp table but the app never sees it, the app (IOS) has full network access.

i am lucky in that i can connect it via an ethernet cable but even though i can im not sure why it would suddenly stop working on wifi

icon

Best answer by deejcuk 28 November 2020, 12:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @deejcuk.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Knowing how and through what Sonos is connecting is the great foundation to troubleshooting this successfully. 

• May I have the make and model number of the router and/or any Access Point that exist on the network? It’s best if we can check any known issue or if there’s an additional configuration needed on the device that is essential for Sonos.

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless)

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

For reference, you may check our support website under the article Connect Sonos to a new router or WiFi network.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

• May I have the make and model number of the router and/or any Access Point that exist on the network? It’s best if we can check any known issue or if there’s an additional configuration needed on the device that is essential for Sonos.

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless)

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

For reference, you may check our support website under the article Connect Sonos to a new router or WiFi network.

thanks for the response, answers to the questions were below but now removed, but Guess what ..

i tried removing the network via Settings > System > Network but it didnt show my wifi there, i looked in  Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup and tried setting it up through there and guess what .. it worked!!! so it seems that the setup routine in the app (when it detects the playbar) doesnt actually work.

the answer to this was :
DO NOT use the setup routine that the app tries to do on a newly discovered device, use the Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup menu

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

What app?,  S1 or s2?.

Quite shocking it doesn't work automatically but good to see you worked around it.

S2

yeah I’m a bit peeved to be honest

I tried  the setup / reset at least 10 times 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @deejcuk.

Thanks for your response and for sharing with us what you did to successfully set up the Playbar to WiFi.

This can definitely benefit those community members that might encounter the same situation.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

All the best.