Question

Playbar mains supply cable when wall mounting.

• 4 April 2017
  • 8 replies

I have searched and I am unable to find a topic, but I feel sure that I can't be the first, or am I missing something. I live in the UK, I am about to wall mount my playbar. The mains cable is in line and will kink or be visible. However a 90º connector or cable would solve the issue. A One power cable will obstruct the optical outlet. Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?

Kevan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I struggled with the same issue. Both optical cable and power cable were extremely difficult to hide. Eventually I bought some white duct tape (mine's mounted on a white wall), cut an exact length and managed to stick it as high up as possible behind the PlayBar. It now blends in quite well and it virtually unnoticeable.
Both optical cable and power cable were extremely difficult to hide. Eventually I bought some white duct tape (mine's mounted on a white wall), cut an exact length and managed to stick it as high up as possible behind the PlayBar.

Thanx... first holes are always the worst.... but planning is the most important... sorry, checking with my wife is the most important. I am mounting it quite low so I may get away with it, But a 90º power cable would be advantageous.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Both optical cable and power cable were extremely difficult to hide. Eventually I bought some white duct tape (mine's mounted on a white wall), cut an exact length and managed to stick it as high up as possible behind the PlayBar.

Thanx... first holes are always the worst.... but planning is the most important... sorry, checking with my wife is the most important. I am mounting it quite low so I may get away with it, But a 90º power cable would be advantageous.

Totally agree, a 90 degree connection would make complete sense.

You're right to have the TV and PlayBar mounted low on the wall, it's beyond me as to why people put their TV's an inch below the ceiling lol.
https://
so, in the end, it worked really well, the cable does not show. Used brush plates on the wall, very happy.

this was my son's as i did not photograph mine.
I used chromed covers, even though you don't see them.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Looks good!