Question

Playbar doesnt control volume when placed flat, works fine when mounted on wall.

• 17 June 2016
  • 2 replies

So Playbar worked fine when mounted on wall to control volume with TV remote and AppleTV 4 remote. Changed to Playbar flat on TV stand and now no volume control unless I stand above it and aim remote to IR receiver on top. I've reset the Playbar and checked all settings, Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Utha1, it sounds like your PlayBar may not be oriented correctly, or it isn't recognizing that you've changed the orientation.
The top IR receiver should actually be disabled when it's in tabletop orientation, and only the front IR receiver should be enabled.
So if you're sure it's sitting flat, and the IR window is on the front bottom right, I'd recommend giving Sonos support a call to go over everything and make sure there isn't something wrong. www.sonos.com/contact
Yes sorry never followed up but got this fixed. If you ever change orientation of Sonos Playbar make sure to unplug and reset the power or the IR will be stuck on the old orientation.