Answered

Playbar Disppeared and not Connecting

• 8 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi There,

I have been using Sonos for quite long time. However, my playbar suddenly disappeared from Sonos app and does not come back anymore. I have tried to connect it several times. I have got below issues:
1. It does not recognize the playbar and I have to try more than 10 times.
2. If recognise the playbar, it goes to update mode and taking for ages. At the end it says " there was an error".
So, I am totaly unable to use my system. I have tried everything, reset my router, playbar and bridge; however, still having the same issue.
Please advise how it can be fixed?

Regards,
Harry
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 September 2018, 17:03

I suspect the quickest “fix” would be to temporarily run an ethernet cable from your router to the PLAYBAR. You could just temporarily move the Playbar closer to the router, if the cabling is difficult. Then it should update properly. Once it is updated, you can move it back, if necessary

At the same time, while the PLAYBAR is connected to the router, unplug the bridge from power completely. There’s a slight chance that you’re experiencing power fluctuations on the Bridge. In fact, do some testing of your system with the PLAYBAR wired, and the Bridge unpowered, and see if you run into any other issues. If you don’t, it’s a pretty good indicator that the power supply on the Bridge is failing, you can, I’m told, get replacements for it on places like Amazon. When this happened to me, I just replaced the Bridge with a Boost, which is newer tech, and a bit better.

If none of that works, try submitting a diagnostic from your controller app, and post the number here. That will supply additional information to the support staff from Sonos, and possibly help them pinpoint the issue you are experiencing.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I suspect the quickest “fix” would be to temporarily run an ethernet cable from your router to the PLAYBAR. You could just temporarily move the Playbar closer to the router, if the cabling is difficult. Then it should update properly. Once it is updated, you can move it back, if necessary

At the same time, while the PLAYBAR is connected to the router, unplug the bridge from power completely. There’s a slight chance that you’re experiencing power fluctuations on the Bridge. In fact, do some testing of your system with the PLAYBAR wired, and the Bridge unpowered, and see if you run into any other issues. If you don’t, it’s a pretty good indicator that the power supply on the Bridge is failing, you can, I’m told, get replacements for it on places like Amazon. When this happened to me, I just replaced the Bridge with a Boost, which is newer tech, and a bit better.

If none of that works, try submitting a diagnostic from your controller app, and post the number here. That will supply additional information to the support staff from Sonos, and possibly help them pinpoint the issue you are experiencing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I tried to find the official Bridge power supply specs but didn't see them.

What I can glean from searching is that you likely need 5 Volts, 2000 mA and a output connector with a 2.1/5.5 mm plug.

Amazon has several if you search on "Sonos Bridge power supply" or you can find one locally that should work.

This is apparently a common part so you may well have something on hand already, either in use or in your junk box so you could try swapping it out for free.

Thanks for the help. I was able to connect the playbar directly to router and worked perfectly. I think there is an issue with Bridge Power Supply or Bridge by itself. I might get a Boost.
Cheers
I tried to find the official Bridge power supply specs but didn't see them.

What I can glean from searching is that you likely need 5 Volts, 2000 mA and a output connector with a 2.1/5.5 mm plug.

Amazon has several if you search on "Sonos Bridge power supply" or you can find one locally that should work.

This is apparently a common part so you may well have something on hand already, either in use or in your junk box so you could try swapping it out for free.
Thanks for your help. I was able to update Sonos Playber by connecting it directly to router I do some reaserch to see whether I can get the power supply. Otherwise, I might get the boost instead.
Cheers