Answered

Playbar Dilemma!

• 17 September 2018
  • 4 replies

I've moved into an apartment which has a SONOS system. I've successfully connected the bridge to the new cablebox, and connected 2 speakers (SONOS 5s). However, there is a Playbar connected to the TV with a LAN cable. The TV is working (connected to cable/internet) but when I try to change the speakers to External Speaker, it does not see the Playbar. I've tried walking through the setup on the SONOS app but after holding the 2 buttons down I get a message saying "your product cannot be found". I'm about ready to give up... Thoughts??
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 17 September 2018, 22:28

I've moved into an apartment which has a SONOS system. I've successfully connected the bridge to the new cablebox, and connected 2 speakers (SONOS 5s).

The bridge should be connected to the router. Is that what you mean by cablebox? And when you say it's successful, do you mean you can play music on the Sonos 5s?

However, there is a Playbar connected to the TV with a LAN cable.

That is not right. The playbar needs to be connect to the TV by optical cable. The LAN cable, if used, would be connected to the router. You really don't need that though (most likely) because you are using a Bridge to create a sonosnet.

I've tried walking through the setup on the SONOS app but after holding the 2 buttons down I get a message saying "your product cannot be found". I'm about ready to give up... Thoughts??

If you have an optical cable, connect the playbar to TV and go through the setup again. If it still isn't found, and it's not inconvenient, connect the playbar to the router directly and try the setup again.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The PLAYBAR can't receive audio information across the ethernet/LAN cable. You need to connect the optical cable from your TV's output to the PLAYBAR's input.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Deleted!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I've moved into an apartment which has a SONOS system. I've successfully connected the bridge to the new cablebox, and connected 2 speakers (SONOS 5s).

The bridge should be connected to the router. Is that what you mean by cablebox? And when you say it's successful, do you mean you can play music on the Sonos 5s?

However, there is a Playbar connected to the TV with a LAN cable.

That is not right. The playbar needs to be connect to the TV by optical cable. The LAN cable, if used, would be connected to the router. You really don't need that though (most likely) because you are using a Bridge to create a sonosnet.

I've tried walking through the setup on the SONOS app but after holding the 2 buttons down I get a message saying "your product cannot be found". I'm about ready to give up... Thoughts??

If you have an optical cable, connect the playbar to TV and go through the setup again. If it still isn't found, and it's not inconvenient, connect the playbar to the router directly and try the setup again.

Oops yes, sorry. The router, not the cablebox. It's a bit strange that the optical cable was not connected already, so I'm trying to contact the landlord to find out why or where it might be found. Can't connect the playbar to the router as it's not within connecting distance.

Thanks!