Answered

Playbar + 4 Play 1s TV connectivity?

• 1 October 2018
  • 5 replies

I purchased the Playbar and 2 additional Play 1s for surround sound and love it!! I purchased 2 additional Play 1s to place in my bedroom and office in hopes that I could walk around the house and while the tv was playing, I could listen in from various rooms. Is this even possible to do? I got them grouped together to play music through the app, but can I hook them up to play what is playing through my TV?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 October 2018, 05:53

Sorry, wanted to get that to you as quickly as possible, in case you were trying to do it right now :)

A Sonos "room" can consist of a single speaker, a stereo pair of speakers, or any subset of a 5.1 system (3.0 with just the sound bar, 5.0 with the surrounds, or 5.1 including the SUB).

In your case, you're just adding new rooms to your Sonos, each with a speaker in it, and then when you're playing the TV, you'd just use the grouping menu to include all the rooms.

Hope this has been helpful 🙂
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As long as the rooms are grouped, they'll play whatever is on the PLAYBAR, whether it's music or TV sound. There might be a slight delay between the rooms, but if you have them physically in different rooms, you wouldn't be able to hear the difference.
Thank you - do I need to set it up differently? I started with the playbar and then added the other two speakers to it for surround sound. But when I added the final two speakers (through my computer, not app) it didnt give me the choice to hook it up to the play bar.
No, you need to set them up as different "rooms" in the Sonos software. Then, when you're playing the PLAYBAR, you can "group" the rooms together.
Sorry, wanted to get that to you as quickly as possible, in case you were trying to do it right now :)

A Sonos "room" can consist of a single speaker, a stereo pair of speakers, or any subset of a 5.1 system (3.0 with just the sound bar, 5.0 with the surrounds, or 5.1 including the SUB).

In your case, you're just adding new rooms to your Sonos, each with a speaker in it, and then when you're playing the TV, you'd just use the grouping menu to include all the rooms.

Hope this has been helpful 🙂
Thank you - that was helpful