Answered

Play Bar setup fails again and again!

• 15 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Purchased a new Play Bar....Setup is horrific! Unit fails to configure and connect to home WiFi. With over 34 home automation devices successfully connecting to my Ubiquiti AP’s and Controller on WEP2, the Sonos Play Bar fails at this simple task. The audacity to suggest that I go out and purchase a $99 “boost” device as an alternative method? I have spent over 6 hours making adjustments to my home network to accommodate the setup of this junk but I’m spent and considering going another route besides Sonos. Frustrated!!!

If anyone has the silver bullet solution here I’m willing to give it another try.

Cheers!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 October 2018, 02:10

1) If you have a dual band router that does not bridge between bands, you need to be connected to the 2.4 GHz band to operate Sonos.

2) The firmware on the unit may be out of date, hampering a wireless setup. Temporarily wire it to your router via Ethernet cable and try to add. If it does, let it update, enter the WiFi credentials, then deploy wirelessly.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1) If you have a dual band router that does not bridge between bands, you need to be connected to the 2.4 GHz band to operate Sonos.

2) The firmware on the unit may be out of date, hampering a wireless setup. Temporarily wire it to your router via Ethernet cable and try to add. If it does, let it update, enter the WiFi credentials, then deploy wirelessly.