PLAY 5 GEN 1 NOT CONNECTING

• 28 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I just got in a house already equipped with multi-room sonos using sonos Amp and speakers. Great experience
But i want to add my Sonos Play 5 gen 1 . it's probably one on the fist release because the upper button icon is a speaker crossed not a play/pause icon.
I didn't succeed to connect it.... I did multiple tries, reseting the sonos on factory settings (after 10 tries). some time the app detected it but did not pair it after pressing on the two button to pair.

Some ideas???:S

Thank U
Philippe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you tried to connect it to your router with an ethernet cable before setting it up in the software?
yes the I connected it directly to the network via ethernet, to the Sonos amp via ethernet and wifi
nothing 😞
Does it show up in the controller when it's connected to the router with an ethernet cable? It's not clear from your initial post. I think it does after several attempts? If so, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic .

But in any case, you probably need to contact Sonos directly to discuss it. It seems like you've done pretty much all of the potential things that would rectify it easily.