Answered

play 3 at party venue

• 3 June 2019
  • 1 reply

I have two Play 3 speakers that I would like to take to a party venue. We use a bridge at home and connect directly to internet but at the venue it will need to connect to wifi. Can I use the speakers by running through app on my phone or do they need the bridge? thanks for you help!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 June 2019, 04:59

First thing....this is not a great idea. There's just a whole passel of things that could go wrong.

However, if you're dead set on it, I'd recommend that you take the BRIDGE with you. Connect the BRIDGE to the router at the party venue, and connect your phone to that same router. Play your music as normal.

Note that it's likely that there will be a lot of breaking up in the signal to the speakers, mostly depending on how far the speakers are from the BRIDGE, and how many people are near.
View original

1 reply

First thing....this is not a great idea. There's just a whole passel of things that could go wrong.

However, if you're dead set on it, I'd recommend that you take the BRIDGE with you. Connect the BRIDGE to the router at the party venue, and connect your phone to that same router. Play your music as normal.

Note that it's likely that there will be a lot of breaking up in the signal to the speakers, mostly depending on how far the speakers are from the BRIDGE, and how many people are near.