Answered

Play:1 mount screw size and length, EU?

• 10 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Please could someone tell me the exact screw size and length in Europe for my Play 1's please?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 February 2021, 17:41

Hi @Nick Slater 

Thanks, @controlav, but I think he meant for the mounting bracket, not the internals.

Our Mount Sonos products on the wall page gives you the size, saying “The Sonos Play:1 and Play:3 both have a ¼ inch (6.35mm) integrated, threaded (20 threads per inch) mounting hole on the back. A wall mounting bracket for these products must support at least 10lbs (4.5 kgs) of weight."

So, 6.35mm for EU. It doesn’t mention the length however. The depth of the hole for the screw is 6.15mm (0.24 inch) - the length the screw needs to be would depend on the mount so I refer you to your mount manual for the correct length of screw.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Sonos_Play_1 might be useful.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Nick Slater 

Thanks, @controlav, but I think he meant for the mounting bracket, not the internals.

Our Mount Sonos products on the wall page gives you the size, saying “The Sonos Play:1 and Play:3 both have a ¼ inch (6.35mm) integrated, threaded (20 threads per inch) mounting hole on the back. A wall mounting bracket for these products must support at least 10lbs (4.5 kgs) of weight."

So, 6.35mm for EU. It doesn’t mention the length however. The depth of the hole for the screw is 6.15mm (0.24 inch) - the length the screw needs to be would depend on the mount so I refer you to your mount manual for the correct length of screw.