Play-1 2 pairs no ound on second pair

I installed 5.1 home theater.(Play bar. Sub, 1 Play-1 pair in front and 1 Play-1 pair in back) .Play bar, Sub and front Play-1 pair work well but I have no sound on back Play-1 pair. Is tjere an issue ? Should I return all Sonos material to store?
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

A 5.1 system consists of 4 physical speakers in a Sonos configuration. The PLAYBAR is the center, front right and front left speakers. The PLAY:1s (in your case) are the rear surround speakers, and the SUB is the .1 of the equation.

You can set up the extra pair of PLAY1s as a separate room, and group the two rooms, but you would be getting stereo sound from that pair, not a Right and Left signal from the 5.1signal
I wantto keepsake all speakers in same roof. I replacée réarmer play-1er speakers but i havé same problème : No sound
I need all speakers in the same room. I replaced surround speakers but Still .no sound
You need to Group the two “rooms” in the Sonos controller. The Sonos system doesnt care where the speakers are physically, but there are restrictions in the software as to how many speakers can be in the code’s construct of a “room”
cotejean1 wrote:

I need all speakers in the same room. I replaced surround speakers but Still .no sound

As stated, it is not possible. The Playbar/Playbase can be configured with two surrounds and a Sub only. Right now you have the surrounds in the front of the room, they should be in the back. That is the optimal configuration for Sonos surround sound. No need for the other Play:1s, use them in another room or get a refund.

See this link for more details:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/293
Thank You. How can i change PLAY-1 speakers in Sonos?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
cotejean1 wrote:

How can i change PLAY-1 speakers in Sonos?

Just exactly what are you asking?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings