Answered

Placing the Beam behind my Samsung TV

• 12 April 2019
  • 5 replies

I was planning to get a Playbase at first but it doesnt fit on my cabinet. The Beam is too high to put in front of my Samsung TV. Will it make a difference to put it behind the TV? Of course the foot of the TV will be blocking a part of the Beam but maybe this does not have a big impact? The space between the cabinet and the bottom of the TV screen is 5cm.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 12 April 2019, 17:06

Those would work, but may be too deep for your shelf, so I'd watch that closely. I've seen hockey pucks used before. In your case, since it will be blocked from view by the beam, some old books or a 2x4 would work just fine. Anything that is short and stable.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do you have space between the top of the TV and the cabinet ceiling? If you have 2 cm to spare, I would look at raising the TV up a bit, then push it back to make room for the beam in the front. Placing the beam behind the TV may sound ok, but it won't look good, may make Alexa a little more difficult to use, and prevent use of the speaker hard buttons. Might also block the IR ports if you're using them.
I do have space. But then I have to find something to raise the TV with which I am not sure how to solve.
Userlevel 7
Hi ArieTillens

You might consider one of the solutions in the link to raise your TV.

Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tv+raiser&hvadid=241643589328&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9023909&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=b&hvrand=7215115819430530478&hvtargid=kwd-6340139864&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_8paes5l7q7_b
Those would work, but may be too deep for your shelf, so I'd watch that closely. I've seen hockey pucks used before. In your case, since it will be blocked from view by the beam, some old books or a 2x4 would work just fine. Anything that is short and stable.
Thanks! Hockey pucks is actually a really good idea