Placing Sonos Beam - To tall for TV so place in TV stand?

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 10 replies
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Sonos Beam and unfortunately I have unpacked to find that it is slightly too tall for my TV, meaning that the Beam itself raises up about 1cm above the bottom of the screen.

As a result I need to find an alternative place to position the Beam, and I am considering putting it on the shelf of the TV stand, similar to the way indicated by the image below.

What is the consensus about this type of positioning? Will the Beam still be able to produce good clear sound from such a positioning or will it being enclosed such as that have a large impact on the sound quality?

Thanks for any feedback.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi there, Hoogie. This placement should not result in any perceivable impact on the sound quality prior to True Play tuning, and certainly none following. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Badge +3
Hi Edward,

Thank you for the fast reply.

My understanding was the the Beam also has some tweeters on the sides that fire at a 45 degree angle to create the Left/Rught channels.

Would being in a unit like this not interfere with those tweeters and therefore the width of the sound?

Thanks
Assuming that you don't recess it from the lip, anything pointing at 45 degrees would be pointing out of the cabinet anyway.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings