placemet dilema: beam+symfonisk frame heights

• 27 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I got a beam g2 + symfonisk frame/picture speakers for rears (in a condo, will try to avoid adding the sub).

Not sure how to place them. The common "av wisdom" is to place front speakers on ear level,and rear ones significantly higher for ambient sounds.

However a bar sitting below the tv, if the tv is ear level, can not be that high. More importantly, most discussions on the subject here tend to advice ear - level placement for rear ones too.

I also wonder about the distance from side walls, should it be based on same standards as regular surrounds, or does processing and flat on-wall form change something in that regard?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge

Symfonisk has its ‘proprietary’ wall brackets that are rather meant to turn the speaker into a shelf but, as stated, Trueplay can fix the alignment of the speakers

Its is the frame (picture) model, not the bookshelf one, and it goes flat on the wall.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/symfonisk-picture-frame-with-wi-fi-speaker-white-50487329/

Presumably with the symfonisk frame rear-surround speakers, you would simply position those to perhaps best suit the room.. particularly if hanging those on the rear wall?

I personally choose to go for near-shoulder/head height (when seated) for my Arc HT and it’s two rear surrounds.

I’m renovating, so at the moment can put it anywhere realy, aesthetically speaking, and adjust the rest. Constrained only by walls, doors and windows.

It is easy to experiment with horizontal placement, I can just put it on anything, more difficult with height as I can’t find enough support of different paired heights to experiment with them before drilling.

Symfonisk has its ‘proprietary’ wall brackets that are rather meant to turn the speaker into a shelf but, as stated, Trueplay can fix the alignment of the speakers

Presumably with the symfonisk frame rear-surround speakers, you would simply position those to perhaps best suit the room.. particularly if hanging those on the rear wall?

I personally choose to go for near-shoulder/head height (when seated) for my Arc HT and it’s two rear surrounds.

Don’t worry so much.  Any wavering from optimum will be taken care of with Trueplay.  The main point is having the fronts anchored to the TV and the surrounds either behind or to the sides of the main viewing area.  Get that right and you are all set.