Answered

PC Cannot Find Sonos using Google Wifi

I have 2 Sonos Play 5's, a play3 and a Play1
I have a Sonos Bridge Connected to the 1st Google WIFI pod that's also connected to the router
Everything is working great except my PC cannot find the system and I cannot play music from my PC from a phone/tablet.
icon

Best answer by ratty 18 March 2018, 22:25

Not if the PC is directly connected to the AT&T box. Despite being on the private/LAN side of that router it would be on the public/WAN side of the Google pod's own router. You now have two routers, one cascaded off the other, so everything needs to connect to the private/LAN side of the Google kit.

View original

4 replies

Connect the PC to the Google kit -- either wirelessly or wired. The Google mesh contains its own router.
I have the Google WIFI "pod" connected back to my AT&T router. Shouldnt that allow my PC to talk to the Sonos speakers?
Not if the PC is directly connected to the AT&T box. Despite being on the private/LAN side of that router it would be on the public/WAN side of the Google pod's own router. You now have two routers, one cascaded off the other, so everything needs to connect to the private/LAN side of the Google kit.
First I appreciate your help and apologize for my limited knowledge of network connections. But due to the number of connections I have purchased a Netgear GS605 switch. How should I connect all of this together? Do I need to use the bridge? It seems no matter how I connect it I either get a limited connection or no connection from the PC controller, thus no access to the music on my PC from my wifi connected controllers. It will even tell me that my system is found but then I immediately get the error message of not finding my Sonos system, even when I plug the PC directly into the google pod and bypass the router.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings