Answered

PC audio sent to Sonos Beam via bluetooth

• 23 August 2018
  • 4 replies

I'm an audio tech looking for a way to send my computer audio to my Sonos Beam. One of my studio monitors blew and Im trying to use beam as my audio source while speakers are getting fixed. I have an insignia Bluetooth dongle inserted in PC. Trying to get it to recognize Beam. There is no other out for audio other than AUX cable which Beam doesn't have input for. My video out of the pc is DVI. Older computer without HDMI. Was hoping I could cast audio to beam. I don't use Bluetooth much so any help would be great. Is this even possible or am I waisting my time?
icon

Best answer by Belly M 23 August 2018, 21:43

Waisting your time :)

Sonos does not have Bluetooth.

If you can get the audio to the TV then the TV might send it back out via the ARC HDMI port to the beam. There should be an audio input associated with the DVI input.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Waisting your time :)

Sonos does not have Bluetooth.

If you can get the audio to the TV then the TV might send it back out via the ARC HDMI port to the beam. There should be an audio input associated with the DVI input.
There are adapters that take DVI + audio and convert to HDMI but not cheap.

https://www.startech.com/uk/AV/Converters/Video/DVI-to-HDMI-Video-Converter-with-Audio~DVI2HDMIA
This is sad. 😞 Thank you. TV does not have dvi in. I'm using cable that has dvi to hdmi (dvi output on PC to hdmi input TV. This is what is making it weird. I know, I need to update pc. That is coming soon. Guess I'll look in routing through TV. Thanks for your time.
Buy a sound card [internal or external] with an optical out.
I use my beam as my main PC speaker.