Answered

Pairing One SL with Beam as stereo

• 7 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I was told I could connect a pair of One SLs with my Beam as remote stereo but can only find an option for Surround.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 March 2021, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can group a stereo pair of One SLs with the Beam, but you can only bond the two One SLs to the Beam as surround speakers.

In addition to your Beam, you can setup the two ‘One SL’s’ as follows:

Either as...

1. Two separate rooms/individual speakers
  2. A stereo pair (one SL set as left & one SL set as the right channel)
  3. Bonded as surrounds to the Beam

In the case of 1 above, the two speakers can be ‘grouped’ with each other and also grouped (one or both) with the Beam, or used individually.

In the case of 2 above the stereo playing pair of SL’s can be ‘grouped’ with the Beam, which will also play music in stereo, or used as two separate rooms/stereo players.

In the case of 3 above, when all are ‘bonded’ together, they become one Sonos room and both the Beam and the surrounds can play in ‘full’ stereo for music playback. You can also set the SL’s to operate as an Ambient support to the Beam’s stereo playback, plus the bonded setup can be used for both TV stereo and Dolby Digital 5.0 TV surround sound.