Answered

Pairing 2 Play:1's on a new wifi network

• 14 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Hey all,

I've managed to set up one of my 2 Play:1's on my new wifi network (just moved house) after following the very helpful Sonos Messenger Support Bot, however, I cannot figure out how to pair this one to the other speaker. Once I've changed the wifi password in the Sonos system does that automatically update the other speaker or do I have to repeat the steps with the 'old' speaker to reset password etc?

Also when attempting to add a Player or Sub, the process says I should expect the other player to flash green...no flashy green!

Very confused and not finding this process easy!

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 14 February 2018, 19:44

Follow the steps in the link. BTW you should've gotten the option to create a stereo pair during the initial setup. Strange that you didn't.:?

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1077/kw/stereo%20pair

Also, unless you changed your ISP which may have necessitated changes to your router settings everything should have been plug' n play. Modem to router then plug in the Sonos speakers and other devices. There should have been no need to change your Wi-Fi password unless your previous network had been hacked.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Follow the steps in the link. BTW you should've gotten the option to create a stereo pair during the initial setup. Strange that you didn't.:?

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1077/kw/stereo%20pair

Also, unless you changed your ISP which may have necessitated changes to your router settings everything should have been plug' n play. Modem to router then plug in the Sonos speakers and other devices. There should have been no need to change your Wi-Fi password unless your previous network had been hacked.
Thanks AjTrek1. I should have mentioned that I have changed ISP as well hence my issues. I'll follow the link and see how I go.
Managed to pair them though I don't know if it was the distance between them (now within the recommended 8-10ft) that was the issue or user error!

Thanks for the link. Problem solved! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Great!