Question

Onkyo Receiver/ Turntable/ Sonos Connection?

Hey there. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of moving towards sonos surround sound. Currently I have two Bose 301 series bookshelf speakers, a Klipsch 12" Subwoofer (that doesn't work), a U-turn audio turntable, and an Onkyo tx-nr646. The main reason for wanting to switch is because the pain of dealing with wires and troubleshooting. My main question is this: If I still want to be able to play my u-turn audio turntable, that doesn't have a amp built in, and I keep my receiver, do I still need to purchase the Connect, or can the receiver connect to the Sonos Speakers? Thank you for the help in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Would you have a Sonos speaker with an input. Normally people for surround go with the playbar, sonos sub, and a couple Play:1 for rear. The only input would be the digital one into the playbar. You wouldn't actually have an input to plug the receiver/turntable in unless you had an input you could run it through on your TV.

Only sonos with analog input is the connect:amp, connect, and play:5
Thanks for the reply and getting back to me. So essentially I would need the connect/connect:amp either way. If I plugged the analog from my turntable into connect:amp, would that be able to connect to the playbar, sonos sub, and Play:1s?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
If it wa last plugged into a Connect:amp you can play to any and all Sonos Speakers in your system.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)