Answered

One speaker, two rooms

• 6 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I’ve got an Arc, two Sonos one and a sub connected in my home. Sometimes, when I want to listen to music with my child, I feel like the audio is a bit to much. Thus, I would like to be able to play music only using one of the Sonos ones (and perhaps the sub as well). But I can’t figure out how to set it up. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 April 2022, 15:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can’t if they’re ‘bonded’ to the Arc - you would need to unbond them first. You might find it easier to add another Sonos One (or perhaps a Sonos Roam portable speaker) to the room instead.

It is possible just to play music to the Arc only, by switching off the surrounds without unbonding them, but I guess that’s not what you were looking for. 

As another thought, you can shift the music audio more towards the rear speakers too using the Music Level slider control in ‘Surround Audio’ (in the Arc ‘room’ settings). but again that will play audio on the pair/sub, rather than just the one speaker.

My own choice would be to perhaps add a Roam to the room setup instead.