Answered

One household; need multiple Sonos accounts to control system?

• 10 August 2022
  • 4 replies

My wife and I just set up our Arc+Sub in our living room, and One SL’s in each of our our offices. Everything was set up perfectly using my account/email via the Sonos App on my iPhone.  Now my wife would like control on her iPhone so she can manage her office speaker independently.  Can she create her own Sonos email/account and link up to our system at the same time as me?  Or, does she need to use my email/account within the Sonos App on her iPhone?  Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ratty 10 August 2022, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Er … the only way to use multiple Sonos accounts is to split the players into different systems, which won’t communicate with one another. Not exactly what most users want.

I agree …and I have misinterpreted the post where it was mentioned "so she can manage her office speaker independently” (taken out of context) .. but yes I stand corrected.

Er … the only way to use multiple Sonos accounts is to split the players into different systems, which won’t communicate with one another. Not exactly what most users want.

You can do these things either with different Sonos accounts/email addresses or with the same account/email.. but to give things a bit more degree of separation,  you might want to let her have her own separate email address/account and I suggest she uses a separate controller device too.

For our own Sonos setup here, the Wife and I just share the same system and each use our own music services within the one setup as we found that easier to do.

So both our mobiles /App connect to the same Sonos system

She simply installs the Sonos app, tells it to connect to an existing system, and signs in using the same account as yours.

Up to 32 controllers (apps) can be used on a system at the same time.

A system can only be registered to one Sonos email/account. You can however then add multiple music streaming service accounts.