Question

No Spotify with new Sonos account, but OK with old Sonos account

• 2 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Custom integrator here. Setting up a new system (Playbar, sub, Play 3) for a client. Client created and verified a new Sonos account, however Spotify does not appear under Add Music Services, and the Spotify app on her phone sees the speakers, but does not connect to them.

I created & verified another new Sonos account for myself, re-setup the system with that login, and same problem.

Re-setup the system a third time with our old shop Sonos account (created several months ago), and Spotify correctly appears in the Music Services list, and the Spotify app plays to the speakers just fine.

I left the client's system using our shop Sonos account as a work-around, but obviously I would like to resolve this issue for her.

Am I likely to run into this same issue with other new systems?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Yetimon: Is your client still having this problem? If so, you may want to contact our support team on the phone to troubleshoot in real time to see what is going on. Our contact information can be found here.