Answered

No sound from surrounds - Sons Beam + Connect:AMP

• 5 April 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos Beam and rear surround speakers connected via a Connect:AMP. I get no sound from the rear speakers when connected as surrounds with the Beam. If I configure the rears as separate zone they work fine. The Beam and and the Connect:AMP have wired ethernet connections to the same switch. I have seen posts from others with similar issue but I have not seen any resolution. Diagnostics have been submitted - confirmation 1860417644. Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 5 April 2019, 19:13

Hi there, cmcg47. How exactly is everything connected? From what you described, it seems like the Connect:Amp and Beam are connected to a switch. According to the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems your Connect:Amp is wired into the network, but the Beam is not.

Check out this helpful article that goes over the various ways to configure your Connect:Amp as surrounds. If you are using a Connect:Amp for surrounds, your Beam would need to either be wired to the network or directly to the Connect:Amp with an Ethernet cable.

If you are still having trouble, I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team directly. They can have a closer look in real-time to get this sorted. Thanks!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, cmcg47. How exactly is everything connected? From what you described, it seems like the Connect:Amp and Beam are connected to a switch. According to the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems your Connect:Amp is wired into the network, but the Beam is not.

Check out this helpful article that goes over the various ways to configure your Connect:Amp as surrounds. If you are using a Connect:Amp for surrounds, your Beam would need to either be wired to the network or directly to the Connect:Amp with an Ethernet cable.

If you are still having trouble, I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team directly. They can have a closer look in real-time to get this sorted. Thanks!
Thanks for the quick reply. The Beam was connected wired to the switch, but there was no link on the switch port (so it must have been working working wirelessly). I moved the connection to another switch port, it got link, and rear surround speakers immediately started playing - music didn't even skip a beat. Thanks for your help!