Answered

No green light on power up

• 12 November 2015
  • 6 replies

I am trying to reinstall my Play 1s after a gap of about a year - I have good WiFi - I have updated the Mac app to 6.0 and updated the Play1 (I think). On power up, I get a flashing white light for the best part of a minute, then a steady white for about 20 seconds then no light at all. Re-booting simply takes me through the same procedure.
My Play 1 seems to have a serial number of: 1311-00-0E-58-CD-D3-76-A
My mac is running the current OS satisfactorily, I have plenty of RAM etc.
Suggestions?
icon

Best answer by ratty 12 November 2015, 17:59

There's only a green light after power-up on a unit which is waiting to be added to a system. The LED is behaving as expected for a unit that's already registered to a system, and whose LED has been disabled in Room Settings.

If the PLAY:1 is not appearing in the controller and jgatie's suggestion doesn't help then, given that the system hasn't been used in an age, and unless you have cherished Sonos Playlists stored, you might as well reset everything and start again. Reset a Player by powering it up whilst holding down the Play/Pause (formerly Mute) button until the LED flashes amber, then release and wait for green. Reset the controller(s) in Advanced Settings.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It may be the case that the wireless firmware is out of date. Hardwire the unit to your router, then power up and try to update/add.
There's only a green light after power-up on a unit which is waiting to be added to a system. The LED is behaving as expected for a unit that's already registered to a system, and whose LED has been disabled in Room Settings.

If the PLAY:1 is not appearing in the controller and jgatie's suggestion doesn't help then, given that the system hasn't been used in an age, and unless you have cherished Sonos Playlists stored, you might as well reset everything and start again. Reset a Player by powering it up whilst holding down the Play/Pause (formerly Mute) button until the LED flashes amber, then release and wait for green. Reset the controller(s) in Advanced Settings.
Many thanks, Both, all is now well !
I have the same problem in that my Sonos 1 is only working if connected via an Ethernet cable.
I have no green light as the software tells me that the player has already been connected!!!
Leeryall,

I'd recommend calling in to Sonos directly. www.sonos.com/contact
Yeah I was trying to avoid that but nothing else seems to be working!