Newbie question

Userlevel 2
Hello All,

Santa is looking to start me off with my first Sonos product. Before that happens could someone just confirm that I willl need a premium spotify account to use it via Sonos?

I am a little confused I receive Spotify on my Ipad air isn't the speaker set up just an extension of this why do I need a premium account?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies

Hello All
Welcome to the forums.

could someone just confirm that I willl need a premium spotify account to use it via Sonos?
Yes. Hardware players such as Sonos require a Premium account.

I am a little confused I receive Spotify on my Ipad air isn't the speaker set up just an extension of this why do I need a premium account?
Sonos is not a wireless extension speaker. Each Sonos unit is an independent network streamer. They're told what to do by the controllers.

It's not an uncommon misconception. I suggest you have a good read around the Sonos website to understand what Santa has in his sack.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
It will be a very Merry Christmas for you!!!

Don't worry, once your set up your Sonos, You will better understand what Sonos does and how powerful it is. You will be thrilled to pay for the premium account for whatever service you like.

There are plenty of free ones to use with the Sonos to get the feel of things.
I had my Sonos System (only a month old) on all day long yesterday. It will bring back your love of music and set you up to try different services and styles.
I had a Pandora Premium Account before, but I have now been trying Slacker some.
I am loving it so much, I am considering paying for other services also. And I never would have done that before!

Merry Sonosing!
Badge
Hello All,

Santa is looking to start me off with my first Sonos product. Before that happens could someone just confirm that I willl need a premium spotify account to use it via Sonos?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

DO a search online for Spotify . I just read the other day that they are offering FREE service with ads, similar to PAndora (Which I like better anyway)
Dave

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings