New SUB: no light, detected, not connected

• 8 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Just bought a new SUB but I think it has a hardware fault. At no point does a light come on. It's got power because the system detects a new SUB, displays its MAC address, and attempts to connect. Setting up by wireless and wired connections both time out. Factory reset does nothing, including no light. Unplugging other SONOS devices one by one in case of some duplicate IP address issue with the router doesn't change it.

Is there anything else I can try before declaring it a hardware defect and pursuing an exchange?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, DamnFineCoffee. Welcome to the community. Unfortunately, it seems that the device is faulty. Particularly as it does not respond to a Factory Reset. I think it might be best that you get in touch with our support team via telephone. They will be able to help you further. Many thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for the welcome and response, Edward. I'll give them a call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem at all. I'm sure they'll get it sorted for you. If you need any help with the setup once you've acquired a replacement, by all means, let us know. All the best.