- Fibre broad broadband
- House wired with Cat5e data ports in all rooms coming back to a single location (Location A)
- Ceiling speakers wired back to the same location (Location A)
- Sonos Play 1s/One to be connected to certain data ports in a few rooms (Location B, C)
- Sonos Connect Amps to be stored in the cupboard (Location A) and connected to the ceiling speakers
- Sonos Connect Amps to be wired to the network
- Amazon Echo Speak to be linked to the system via data port (Location D)
The question I have is can I simply get an unmanaged Ethernet Switch and put that between the Sonos Connect Amps and the Fibre Broadband router, along with connecting the data ports to the Switch? Will this work or will there be problems for the network? Any recommendations on switches would be appreciated.
Best answer by Stanley_4
5 to 24 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044GH27U/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
5 to 24 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A121WN6/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
5 to 48 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFD0SEA/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just avoid the sonos naughty list.