Answered

New Move on S1 system?.

• 4 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello all, if I buy a brand new Move can I add this to my S1 system or will it be locked to S2?.

Cheers, Keith.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 July 2021, 16:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As stated here the Move is both S1/S2 compatible…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I think I'll be going with a JBL Link 20 for the shed.

Just been reading again about all the battery drain issues on the Move and it's just not worth the risk.

This is a real shame as I love the S1 system I have now.

There was talk of people fitting a switch to the Move but I'm not prepared to butcher a brand new £400 speaker.

Will have to have a think and more reading as the Move would have been ideal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Well, I've decided to try the Move and see how I get on, got a brand new one on it's way for £360 so too good of a deal to pass up.

Hopefully it will work fine for my needs.

Watched a video of someone dropping one from a ladder and that sold it to me as it came away unscathed.

Been using my S1 whole house setup today and it just works too well to defect to a Google Home speaker.

Hopefully made the right choice!.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Took less than 5 minutes to add my new Move to our S1 system, shut everything down bar my Connect just in case it tried to bump me onto S2.

Really impressed with the sound on the Move, looking forward to using it in garden and shed when I'm pottering around at the weekend!.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I've used the Move a fair bit now and what an excellent speaker!.

Had it going all afternoon and it only used 40% battery (at 50% volume which is more than loud enough!). Will easily do a full day.

I just leave it on the dock when not in use.

My shed is 30 meters away from the router and the Move has no problems with the connection, haven't had one dropout yet.

I've ended up using Spotify and the Alexa integration is excellent.

Be all and end all the Move is worth every penny imho, glad I bought one.