New Modem & Router setup with Bridge

• 13 December 2017
  • 8 replies

I recently had to upgrade my modem and wireless router and also updated my wifi name & password. I have the Sonos bridge connected to the router, and 6 Sonos One speakers situated around the house. I have watched the reset/setup video (that only showcases the new Sonos Connect). I have reset the Bridge and speakers multiple times but cannot get the system to work anymore. It worked fine with old setup. What am i doing wrong???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With the Sonos bridge connected to the router you shouldn't have had to reset anything it should have just worked.

With the bridge connected to your router does your sonos system come up in the controller. What speakers did you "reset" - that was a bad idea.
Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. When i installed new modem & router i just plugged the bridge back into the router, never reset anything at the tine. Upon opening the Sonos app/controller i was notified no system was found and followed instructions on screen to solve the problem. After multiple attempts i was directly to the video which does not really help as it does not have specific steps for the bridge, only the new sonos connect. Another link to system setup told me to unplug ALL sonos one speakers including the bridge, then reconnect, but after multiple attempts my system cannot be detected by the controller... still nothing works...
Please try connecting one of your speakers to the router by Ethernet instead of the Bridge. Same problem or can you see system? Give it a few minutes to settle down.

Your controller device is definitely connected to the new wifi?
I am going nuts with this stuff. It worked great when I first installed 2 Play5s, 2 Sonos1's, 1Play1 and a soundbar or whatever it's called. I changed WiFi routers and I can only see one Sonos speaker! What the heck do I do to get all this stuff working again? The 'new install' process doesn't work because the devices have already been installed.
To add a bit, the two Play 5s are up in the rafters in my Living Room, making this whole process a PITA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try this:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US
Userlevel 2
I have the exact same issue.. new router (Google wifi) and bridge is connected to a mesh point and no system in the app.. and no luck trying to setup a "new sonos system"
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the exact same issue.. new router (Google wifi) and bridge is connected to a mesh point and no system in the app.. and no luck trying to setup a "new sonos system"

Hi there,

Unless you factory reset your Sonos components, you'll want to choose to connect to an existing system instead of setting up a new one. Make sure your Bridge is wired into the Google hub, rather than a wireless extender. That should get you connected as long as your controller is connected to the Google wireless, and not a guest or other network.